Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > DS708 update and registration
DS708 update and registration

2328 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-03 00:54:12

•   Level 1   
    (5) points
    bbauto
    2017-02-24 17:46:11
     I have updated my trusty DS708 this am only to get an error that renders it inoperable. "getsysinfofromregtab() failed" a few google searches led me to a forum thread that said there was a file to repair this "bad" update. 
    to move ahead i need to register both my shop and my DS708, in entering my serial number it says "product does not exist" the SN sticker is clear and i have not typed it incorrectly. 
    I understand i could check the serial number from within the software but at this time i cannot get past the opening error page! i have send emails to 2 addresses but they simply bounce back as undeliverable. 
    anyone have any idea how to get supports attention let me know. 
    Butch 
    B&B Automotive 
    Aberdeen WA 
    bbauto@bbauto.org

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2017-02-27 20:39:26 (Reply to:bbauto)

Here is something I found about it in  FAQ

http://pro.auteltech.com/autelsupport/FAQ/18316.jhtml?logoTypeId=1122&typeName=FAQ

Hope you already have older working software on SD cards for backups. If your software that is on it is only a year old , I wouldn't expect to see that anything has changed that has added  newer coverage to it since since then, and Autel support has not replied to answer whether or not any 2017 car coverage is going to be added if an update is purchased for a DS708 between now and the end of this year when software support for DS708 is said to end.

•   Level 2   
    (30) points
    kunbarrie

2017-03-03 00:54:12 (Reply to:bbauto)

hit ok on that message and it should work
  Total1 Pages